Jump to navigation Jump to search
Norwegian mathematician known for his work on Diophantine equations.
- Born: 13 July 1895 in Oslo, Norway
- Died: 24 January 1988 in Uppsala, Sweden
Theorems and Definitions
- Nagell-Lutz Theorem (with Élisabeth Lutz)
- Ramanujan-Nagell Equation (with Srinivasa Ramanujan)
- Ramanujan-Nagell Number (with Srinivasa Ramanujan)
- Lebesgue-Nagell Type Equation (with Victor-Amédée Lebesgue)
Results named for Trygve Nagell can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Trygve Nagell can be found here.
- 1948: Løsning till oppgave nr 2 (Norsk Mat. Tidsskr Vol. 30: pp. 62 – 64)
- 1960: The Diophantine Equation $x^2 + 7 = 2^n$ (Arkiv för Matematik Vol. 4: pp. 185 – 187)