Mathematician:Wacław Franciszek Sierpiński
Most famous for the Sierpiński triangle.
- Born: March 14, 1882, Warsaw, Poland
- Died: October 21, 1969, Warsaw, Poland
Theorems and Definitions
- Sierpiński's Constant
- Sierpiński Game
- Sierpiński's Metric Space
- Sierpiński Number
- Sierpiński Space
- Several fractals are named for him, including:
... and Sierpiński cookies have to be seen to be believed.
Results named for Wacław Franciszek Sierpiński can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Wacław Franciszek Sierpiński can be found here.
- 1910: The Theory of Irrational Numbers
- 1912: Outline of Set Theory
- 1912: The Theory of Numbers
- 1934: Introduction to General Topology
- 1952: General Topology
- 1956: Sur les décompositions de nombres rationnels en fractions primaires (Mathesis Vol. 65: pp. 16 – 32)
- 1970: 250 Problems in Elementary Number Theory
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Wacław Franciszek Sierpiński": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive