Mathematician:Walter Warwick Sawyer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician best known for the books he wrote, especially Mathematician's Delight and Prelude to Mathematics.
- Born: 5 April 1911 in St. Ives, Huntingdonshire, England
- Died: 15 February 2008
- 1943: Mathematician's Delight
- 1948: Mathematics In Theory and Practice (with others)
- 1955: Prelude to Mathematics
- 1957: Designing and Making
- 1959: A Concrete Approach to Abstract Algebra
- 1961: What Is Calculus About?
- 1964: Vision in Elementary Mathematics (Volume $1$ of Introducing Mathematics)
- 1966: A Path to Modern Mathematics (Volume $4$ of Introducing Mathematics)
- 1970: Search for Pattern
- 1972: An Engineering Approach to Linear Algebra
- 1978: A First Look at Numerical Functional Analysis