Jump to navigation Jump to search
Austrian-born Israeli philosopher, mathematician, and linguist.
Best known for his pioneering work in machine translation and formal linguistics.
Israeli, of Austrian origin
- Born: 8 September 1915, Vienna
- Died: 25 September 1975, Jerusalem
- 1953: Some Linguistic Problems Connected With Machine Translation (Philosophy of Science Vol. 20: 217 – 225)
- Jul 1954: Indexical Expressions (Mind Vol. 63, no. 251: 359 – 379)
- 1964: Language and Information: Selected Essays on Their Theory and Application
- 1965: Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science: Proceedings of the 1964 International Congress (as editor)
- 1970: Aspects of Language: Essays in Philosophy of Language, Linguistic Philosophy, and Methodology of Linguistics
- 1970: Mathematical Logic and Foundations of Set Theory: Colloquium Proceedings, Jerusalem, 1968 (as editor)
- 1971: Pragmatics of Natural Languages: Proceedings of the 1970 International Working Symposium (as editor)
- 1973: Foundations of Set Theory, 2nd Ed. (with Abraham Halevi Fraenkel, Dirk van Dalen and Azriel Levy)
Also known as
In Hebrew: Hebrew: יהושע בר-הלל