Jump to navigation Jump to search
- LOGIC, n. The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding. The basis of logic is the syllogism, consisting of a major and a minor premise and a conclusion -- thus:
- Major Premise: Sixty men can to a piece of work sixty times as quickly as one man.
- Minor Premise: One man can dig a posthole in sixty seconds.
- Conclusion: Sixty men can dig a posthole in one second.
- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary