Mathematician:Anthony James Merrill Spencer
(Redirected from Mathematician:A.J.M. Spencer)Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician working mainly in the field of material mechanics.
- Born: 23 Aug 1929, Birmingham, England
- Died: 26 Jan 2008, Nottingham, England
- 1958: The theory of matrix polynomials and its application to the mechanics of isotropic continua (with Ronald Rivlin)
- 1958: Finite integrity bases for five or fewer symmetric 3 × 3 matrices (with Ronald Rivlin)
- 1959: The stability of a circular cylinder under finite extension and torsion (with Albert Green)
- 1959: The mechanics of non-linear materials with memory II (with Albert Green and Ronald Rivlin)
- 1973: Deformation of Fibre-Reinforced Materials
- 1977: Engineering Mathematics Volume I (with others)
- 1980: Continuum Mechanics (reprinted 1985, 1988, 1990, 1992 and 2004)
- 2005: Exact solutions for a thick elastic plate with a thin elastic surface layer
Also known as
Known informally as Tony Spencer.