Mathematician:Elias Menachem Stein
Belgian-born American mathematician known as a leading figure in the field of harmonic analysis.
American of Belgian origin
- Born: 13 January 1931 in Antwerp, Belgium
- Died: 23 December 2018 in Somerville, New Jersey, U.S.
Theorems and Definitions
- Stein Interpolation
- Stein Maximal Principle
- Stein Complementary Series Representation
- Nikishin-Pisier-Stein Factorization
- Tomas-Stein Restriction Theorem
- Kunze-Stein Phenomenon
- Cotlar-Stein Lemma (with Mischa Cotlar)
- Fefferman-Stein Theory (with Charles Fefferman)
- Stein-Strömberg Theorem (with Jan-Olov Strömberg)
Results named for Elias Menachem Stein can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Elias Menachem Stein can be found here.
- 1955: Linear Operators on $L^p$ Spaces
- 1970: Singular Integrals and Differentiability Properties of Functions
- 1970: Topics in Harmonic Analysis Related to the Littlewood-Paley Theory
- 1971: Introduction to Fourier Analysis on Euclidean Spaces (with Guido Weiss)
- 1971: Analytic Continuation of Group Representations
- 1993: Harmonic Analysis: Real-variable Methods, Orthogonality and Oscillatory Integrals
- 2003: Fourier Analysis: An Introduction (with Rami Shakarchi)
- 2003: Complex Analysis (with Rami Shakarchi)
- 2005: Real Analysis: Measure Theory, Integration, and Hilbert Spaces (with Rami Shakarchi)
- 2011: Functional Analysis: An Introduction to Further Topics in Analysis (with Rami Shakarchi)