Mathematician:Elwyn Ralph Berlekamp
(Redirected from Mathematician:Elwyn Berlekamp)Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician and computer scientist famous for his contributions towards game theory.
Also the innovator of several computer algorithms.
- Born: September 6, 1940 in Dover, Ohio, USA
- Died: April 9, 2019 in Piedmont, California, U.S
Theorems, Definitions and Other Creations
- 1964: Block coding with noiseless feedback (PhD Thesis)
- 1968: Algebraic Coding Theory
- 1970: Irregularities in the distributions of finite sequences (J. Number Theory Vol. 2: pp. 152 – 161) (with R.L. Graham)
- 1978: On the Inherent Intractability of Certain Coding Problems (IEEE Transactions on Information Theory Vol. IT-24: pp. 384 – 386) (with Robert James McEliece and Henk C.A. van Tilborg)
- 1982: Winning Ways for your Mathematical Plays (with John Horton Conway and Richard K. Guy)
- 1994: Mathematical Go (with David Wolfe)
- 2000: The Dots-and-Boxes Game