Mathematician:Frank Plumpton Ramsey
(Redirected from Mathematician:F.P. Ramsey)Jump to navigation Jump to search
British mathematican most famous for founding the field of what is now called Ramsey Theory.
- Born: 22 February 1903, Cambridge, UK.
- Died: 19 January 1930, Guy's Hospital, London, UK.
Theorems and Definitions
- Ramsey Theory
- Ramsey Number
- Ramsey-Lewis Method
- Ramsey-Dvoretzky-Milman Phenomenon
- Ramsey Growth Model
- Ramsey's Theorem
Results named for Frank Plumpton Ramsey can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Frank Plumpton Ramsey can be found here.
- 1925: The Foundations of Mathematics
- 1926: Mathematical Logic (The Mathematical Gazette Vol. 184: pp. 185 – 194) www.jstor.org/stable/3602860
- 1926: Truth and Probability
- 1927: Facts and Propositions (Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society, Supplementary Volumes Vol. 7: pp. 153 – 170)
- 1927: A Contribution to the Theory of Taxation (Economic Journal Vol. 37, no. 145)
- 1928: A Mathematical Theory of Saving' (Economic Journal Vol. 38, no. 152)
- 1930: On a Problem in Formal Logic (Proc. London Math. Soc. Vol. 30: pp. 264 – 286)
- 1964: Truth and Probability (Studies in Subjective Probability pp. 69 – 92) (edited by H.E. Kyburg, Jr. and H.E. Smokler)