Mathematician:Geoffrey Richard Grimmett
(Redirected from Mathematician:Geoffrey Grimmett)
English mathematician best known for his work in probability theory.
- Born: 20th December 1950, Cambridge, England
- 1971: Bachelor's Degree at Merton College, Oxford, UK
- 1974: Ph.D.
- 1974-1976: IBM Research Fellow at New College, Oxford
- 1992: Appointed Professor of Mathematical Statistics at Cambridge University
- 1994–2000: Director of the Statistical Laboratory
- 2002-2007: Head of the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics