Mathematician:Karl Hermann Amandus Schwarz
German mathematician known for his work in the field of complex analysis.
Student of Weierstrass.
Best known for his contribution to the Cauchy-Bunyakovsky-Schwarz Inequality.
German (born in what is now Poland).
- Born: 25 January 1843, Hermsdorf, Silesia (now Poland)
- Died: 30 November 1921, Berlin, Germany
Theorems and Definitions
- Cauchy-Bunyakovsky-Schwarz Inequality (with Augustin Louis Cauchy and Viktor Yakovlevich Bunyakovsky)
- Schwarz Alternating Method
- Schwarzian Derivative
- Schwarz Function
- Schwarz's Lemma
- Schwarz's List
- Schwarz Theorem (also known as Clairaut's Theorem)
- Schwarz Integral Formula
- Schwarz-Christoffel Mapping
- Schwarz-Pick Theorem (with Georg Alexander Pick)
- Schwarz-Ahlfors-Pick Theorem (with Lars Valerian Ahlfors and Georg Alexander Pick)
- Schwarz Reflection Principle
- Schwarz Triangle
- Schwarz Triangle Map, also known as Schwarz s-Function
Results named for Karl Hermann Amandus Schwarz can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Karl Hermann Amandus Schwarz can be found here.
- 1867: Bestimmung einer speziellen Minimalfläche
- 1870: Über einen Grenzübergang durch alternierendes Verfahren
- 1890: Gesammelte mathematische Abhandlungen
Also known as
More usually known as Hermann Amandus Schwarz.
Often misspelt Schwartz.
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Karl Hermann Amandus Schwarz": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive