Mathematician:Ian Grant Macdonald
(Redirected from Mathematician:I.G. MacDonald)Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician known for his contributions to symmetric functions, special functions, Lie algebra theory and other aspects of algebraic combinatorics.
- Born: 11 October 1928 in London
- 1969: Introduction to Commutative Algebra (with M.F. Atiyah)
- 1979: Symmetric functions and Hall polynomials (2nd edition 1995)
- 1998: Symmetric functions and orthogonal polynomials
- 2003: Affine Hecke algebras and orthogonal polynomials