Mathematician:J. Arthur Seebach
American mathematician best known for the groundbreaking Counterexamples in Topology which he co-authored with Lynn Arthur Steen, "... a counterexample to the view, widespread at the time, that undergraduates could neither do nor even contribute to research in mathematics.".
An early advocate for introducing computers into the educational curriculum.
- Born: 17 May 1938
- 1965: Joined St. Olaf College
- 1971 - 1986: Associate Editor of the American Mathematical Monthly
- 1976 - 1980: Editor of Mathematics Magazine
- 1983 - 1987: Served on the MAA Committee on Computers in Mathematics Education
- Died: 3 Dec 1996, after a long struggle with complications arising from diabetes
- 1970: Counterexamples in Topology (with Lynn Arthur Steen)
Also known as
His full name is given as J. Arthur Seebach, Jr.