Mathematician:John David Brillhart
(Redirected from Mathematician:John Brillhart)Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician known for his work in integer factorization, including the development of the continued fraction factorization method.
Has been a principal participant in the Cunningham project.
- Born: 13th November 1930 in Alameda County, California
- 1963: Some miscellaneous factorizations (Math. Comp. Vol. 17: pp. 447 – 450) www.jstor.org/stable/2004009
- 1971: The factorization of $F_7$ (Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. Vol. 77: p. 264) (with Michael A. Morrison)
- 1975: A method of factoring and the factorization of $F_7$ (Math. Comp. Vol. 29: pp. 183 – 205) (with Michael A. Morrison) www.jstor.org/stable/2005475
- 1983: Factorizations of $b^n \pm 1$ up to high powers (Contemporary Mathematics Vol. 22: pp. 1 – 178) (with Samuel S. Wagstaff Jr., D.H. Lehmer, John L. Selfridge and Bryant Tuckerman)