Mathematician:Michael David Spivak
(Redirected from Mathematician:Michael Spivak)Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician specializing in differential geometry.
Also noted for his textbooks.
- Born: May 25, 1940 in Queens, New York
Theorems and Definitions
- 1965: Calculus on Manifolds: A Modern Approach to Classical Theorems of Advanced Calculus
- 1967: Calculus
- 1979: A Comprehensive Introduction to Differential Geometry (3rd ed. 1999)
- 1990: The Joy of TeX: A Gourmet Guide to Typesetting with the AMS-TeX Macro package
- 1995: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Calculus
- 2006: Calculus, 3rd ed.
- 2008: Calculus, 4th ed.
- 2010: Physics for Mathematicians: Mechanics I