Mathematician:Robert Osher Schlaifer
(Redirected from Mathematician:Robert Schlaifer)Jump to navigation Jump to search
American statistician who was one of the pioneers of Bayesian decision theory.
- Born: 13 September 1914
- Died: 24 July 1994
- 1936: Greek Theories of Slavery from Homer to Aristotle (Harvard Studies in Classical Philology Vol. 47: 165 – 204)
- 1943: Demon of Paeania, Priest of Asclepius (Classical Philology Vol. 38 No. 1: 39 – 43
- 1950: Development of Aircraft Engines
- 1959 : Probability and Statistics for Business Decisions: An Introduction to Managerial Economics under Uncertainty
- 1961: Applied Statistical Decision Theory (with Howard Raiffa)
- 1964: The Foundations of Decisions under Uncertainty: An Elementary Exposition (JASA Vol. 59: pp. 353 – 375) (with John W. Pratt and Howard Raiffa) www.jstor.org/stable/2282993
- 1965: Introduction to Statistical Decision Theory (with John W. Pratt and Howard Raiffa)
Also known as
His name can sometimes be seen erroneously cited as Schlaiffer.