Mathematician:Yuri Vladimirovich Linnik
(Redirected from Mathematician:U.V. Linnik)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ukrainian mathematician active in number theory, probability theory and mathematical statistics.
- Born: 8 January 1915 in Bila Tserkva, Ukraine (then part of the Russian Empire)
- Died: 30 June 1972 in Leningrad (now St Petersburg), Russia
Theorems and Definitions
- 1940: Representation of Big Numbers by Positive Ternary Quadratic Forms (Ph.D. thesis)
- 1943: On the representation of large numbers as sums of seven cubes (Mat. Sb. N.S. Vol. 12 (54): pp. 218 – 224)
- 1961: Method of least squares and principles of the theory of observations
- 1968: Ergodic properties of algebraic fields
- 1971: Independent and stationary sequences of random variables
- 1977: Decomposition of random variables and vectors (with I.V. Ostrovskii)
Also known as
In Russian: Ю́рий Влади́мирович Ли́нник
His first name can be transliterated Uri, providing the initial U, under which some of his work appears.