Book:Colin C. Adams/Riot at the Calc Exam and Other Mathematically Bent Stories
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Colin C. Adams: Riot at the Calc Exam and Other Mathematically Bent Stories
Published $2009$, American Mathematical Society
- ISBN 0-8218-4817-3.
- Humorous pieces highlighting the condition of math anxiety.
Consists of extracts from his Mathematically Bent column from the Mathematical Intelligencer
- Notes on the Introduction
- The S.S. Riemann
- Pythagoras's Darkest Hour
- Mangum, P.I.
- Overcoming Math Anxiety
- A Difficult Delivery
- A Proof of God
- The Red Badge of courage
- This Theorem is Big
- Journey to the Center of Mathematics
- The Theorem Blaster
- Riot at the Calc Exam
- The Mathematical Ethicist
- Phone Interview (script)
- The Integral: A Horror Story
- The Three Little Pigs
- Northnorthwestern Math Department Safety Manual
- Trial and Error (script)
- Hiring Season
- Class Reunion
- Worst-Case-Scenario Survival Handbook: Mathematics
- Into Thin Air
- Math Talk by Colin Adams and Lew Ludwig (script)
- A Deprogrammer's Tale
- Research Announcement
- A Killer Theorem
- A Subprime Lending Market Primer
- Fields Medalist Stripped
- More from the Mathematical Ethicist
- Math Fall Fashion Preview (script)
- Dr. Yeckel and Mr. Hide
- The Pepsi Putnam Challenge
- Vital Sines (script)
- Rumpled Stiltsken
- Notes for "The S.S. Riemann"
- Notes for "Overcoming Math Anxiety"
- Notes for "A Difficult Delivery"
- Notes for "A Proof of God"
- Notes for "A Red Badge of Courage"
- Notes for "Journey to the Center of Mathematics"
- Notes for "The Integral: A Horror Story"
- Notes for "The Three Little Pigs"
- Notes for "Class Reunion"
- Notes for "Into Thin Air"
- Notes for "A Deprogrammer's Tale"
- Notes for "Research Announcement"
- Notes for "Fields Medalist Stripped"
- Notes for "Vital Sines"
- Notes for "Rumpled Stiltsken"