Book:Ian Stewart/Nature's Numbers: Discovering Order and Pattern in the Universe
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ian Stewart: Nature's Numbers: Discovering Order and Pattern in the Universe
Published $1995$, Weidenfeld & Nicolson.
- Prologue: The Virtual Unreality Machine
- $1$ The Natural Order
- $2$ What Mathematics Is For
- $3$ What Mathematics Is About
- $4$ The Constants of Change
- $5$ From Violins to Videos
- $6$ Broken Symmetry
- $7$ The Rhythm of Life
- $8$ Do Dice Play God?
- $9$ Drops, Dynamics, and Daisies
- Epilogue: Morphomatics
- Further Reading