This category contains results about Ratios.
Let $\dfrac x y = \dfrac a b$ for two numbers $a$ and $b$.
Then the ratio of $x$ to $y$ is defined as:
- $x : y = a : b$
It explicitly specifies how many times the first number contains the second.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Ratios"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- Magnitudes Proportional Compounded are Proportional Separated
- Magnitudes Proportional Separated are Proportional Compounded
- Magnitudes with Same Ratios are Equal
- Multiples of Alternate Ratios of Equal Fractions
- Multiples of Ratios of Numbers
- Multiples of Terms in Equal Ratios
- Multiples of Terms in Equal Ratios/Euclid's Proof
- Proportion of Numbers is Transitive
- Proportional Magnitudes are Proportional Alternately
- Proportional Magnitudes have Proportional Remainders
- Proportional Magnitudes have Proportional Remainders/Porism
- Proportional Numbers are Proportional Alternately
- Proportional Numbers have Proportional Differences
- Ratio Equals its Multiples
- Ratios of Equal Magnitudes
- Ratios of Equal Magnitudes/Porism
- Ratios of Fractions in Lowest Terms
- Ratios of Multiples of Numbers
- Ratios of Numbers is Distributive over Addition
- Relation of Ratios to Products
- Relative Sizes of Components of Ratios
- Relative Sizes of Elements in Perturbed Proportion
- Relative Sizes of Magnitudes on Unequal Ratios
- Relative Sizes of Proportional Magnitudes
- Relative Sizes of Ratios on Unequal Magnitudes
- Relative Sizes of Successive Ratios