Mathematician:Alfred Bray Kempe
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician best known for his work on linkages and the Four Color Theorem.
Trained as a barrister, and was also an accomplished pianist.
- Born: 6 July 1849 in Kensington, London, England
- Died: 21 April 1922 in London, England
Theorems and Definitions
- 1877: How to Draw a Straight Line
- 1886: A memoir on the theory of mathematical form (Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London Vol. 177: pp. 1 – 70)
- Mistress of humble tones and haughty,
- Kempe calls me his piano-forte;
- He plays me when a problem fails,
- And rises lighter from the scales.
- -- One of his students