Mathematician:Arnold Johannes Wilhelm Sommerfeld
Jump to navigation Jump to search
German theoretical physicist who pioneered developments in atomic and quantum physics.
- Born: 5 December 1868 in Königsberg, Prussia (now Kaliningrad, Russia)
- Died: 26 April 1951 in Munich, Germany
Theorems and Definitions
- Bohr-Sommerfeld Quantization (with Niels Henrik David Bohr)
- Grimm-Sommerfeld Rule (with H.G. Grimm)
- Orr-Sommerfeld Equation (with William McFadden Orr)
- Sommerfeld Number
- Sommerfeld-Watson Transform (with George Neville Watson)
- Sommerfeld-Bohr Theory (with Niels Henrik David Bohr)
Results named for Arnold Johannes Wilhelm Sommerfeld can be found here.
- 1891: Die willkürlichen Functionen in der mathematischen Physik
- March 1895: The mathematical theory of diffraction
- 1921: Über reguläre und irreguläre Dublett (with Gregor Wentzel)