Polish mathematician best known for his discovery, in 1922, of the so-called hereditarily indecomposable continuum, otherwise known as the pseudo-arc, and the Knaster continuum, otherwise known as the buckethandle continuum.
- Born: 22 May 1893, Warsaw
- Died: 3 Nov 1980, Wrocław
Theorems and Definitions
- Knaster-Tarski Lemma (with Alfred Tarski)
- Knaster-Tarski Theorem (with Alfred Tarski)
- Knaster-Kuratowski Fan (with Kazimierz Kuratowski)
- Knaster's Condition
- Knaster Continuum
Results named for Bronisław Knaster can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Bronisław Knaster can be found here.