Mathematician:Edward Charles Titchmarsh
Jump to navigation Jump to search
British mathematician known for his work in analytic number theory, Fourier analysis and other parts of mathematical analysis.
- Born: 1 June 1899 in Newbury, Berkshire, England
- Died: 18 January 1963 in Oxford, England
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for Edward Charles Titchmarsh can be found here.
- 1930: The Zeta-Function of Riemann
- 1932: The Theory of Functions
- 1937: Introduction to the Theory of Fourier Integrals (2nd. edition 1939, 3rd edition 1948)
- 1939: The Theory of Functions, 2nd ed.
- 1946: Eigenfunction Expansions Associated with Second-order Differential Equations. Part I (2nd edition 1962)
- 1948: Mathematics for the General Reader
- 1951: The Theory of the Riemann Zeta-Function (2nd edition, revised by D.R. Heath-Brown, 1986)
- 1958: Eigenfunction Expansions Associated with Second-order Differential Equations. Part II