Mathematician:Edwin Mattison McMillan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American physicist and working in nuclear science.
Also worked on the mathematics of computation.
- Born: 18 Sept 1907 in Redondo Beach, California
- Died: 7 Sept 1991 in El Cerrito, California
- 1950: Focusing in Linear Accelerators
- 1950: A Thick Target for Synchrotrons and Betatrons
- 1951: The Transuranium Elements: Early History (Nobel Lecture)
- 1956: Notes on Quadrupole Focusing
- 1967: Some Thoughts on Stability in Nonlinear Periodic Focusing Systems
- 1968: Some Thoughts on Stability in Nonlinear Periodic Focusing Systems [Addendum]
- 1980: Some New Algorithms for High-Precision Computation of Euler's Constant (Math. Comp. Vol. 34: pp. 305 – 312) (with Richard P. Brent) www.jstor.org/stable/2006237