Mathematician:Francesco Faà di Bruno
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Also notable for his beatification on 25th September 1988 by Pope John Paul II.
- Born: 29 March 1825, Alessandria, Piemonte, Italy
- 1871: Became a professor at the University of Turin
- 1876: Appointed to the Chair of Higher Analysis at the University of Turin
- 22 October 1876: Ordained as a Roman Catholic priest in Rome
- Died: 27 March 1888, Turin, Italy
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for Francesco Faà di Bruno can be found here.
- 1855: Sullo sviluppo delle funzioni ("On the development of the functions") (Annali di Scienze Matematiche e Fisiche Vol. 6: pp. 479 – 480) (in which Faà di Bruno's Formula is presented)
- 1857: Note sur une nouvelle formule de calcul differentiel (The Quarterly Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics Vol. 1: pp. 359 – 360)
- 1859: Théorie générale de l'élimination
- 1867: Calcolo degli errori
- 1869: Traité élémentaire du calcul des erreurs (a translation into French of Calcolo degli errori)
- 1876: Théorie des formes binaires (notably translated into German by Max Noether in 1881)
Also known as
His full name was Francesco da Paola Virgilio Secondo Maria Faà di Bruno.