Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician, teacher and game enthusiast who published much material useful for teaching.
Also the creator of several online educational resources.
- Born: 1929 in Devonport, England
- 1945: Started 5-year engineering apprenticeship in H.M.Dockyard, Devonport
- 1951: Joined Royal Navy as Engine-room Artificer
- 1969: Started 4-year Teacher-training course at University of Exeter
- 1973: Began teaching mathematics at comprehensive school
- 1988: Joined Centre for Innovation in the Teaching of Mathematics, at University of Exeter
- 2002: Retired
- 1977: Take Two! 32 board games for 2 players
- 1979: Pick a Pair! 30 board games for 2 players (with Alan Parr)
- 1987: 71.25 The Magic Hexagon: An Historical Note (The Mathematical Gazette Vol. 71, no. 457: pp. 217 – 220) www.jstor.org/stable/3616766