Mathematician:Gerd Edzard Harry Reuter
(Redirected from Mathematician:G.E.H. Reuter)Jump to navigation Jump to search
One of the many refugees assisted by John Charles Burkill.
- Born: November 21 1921, Berlin
- 1935: Emigrated to Britain with family to escape Nazism
- 1941: Took Part II of Mathematical Tripos at Cambridge, served as Scientific Officer with the British Admiralty
- 1945: Secured the Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach (Mathematical Research Institute at Oberwolfach) for the postwar mathematical community
- 1945: Returned to Trinity as research student
- 1946: Recruited to the Department of Mathematics at Manchester University
- 1952: Worked on stochastic processes with Walter Ledermann
- 1959: Taught as professor in Durham, and later at Imperial College in London
- Died: April 20 1992
- 1948: Bounded integral transforms (with Irving John Good)
- 1958: Elementary Differential Equations & Operators
Also known as
Usually known by the name Harry Reuter.