Jump to navigation Jump to search
German mathematician best known for his work in homology, group theory and number theory.
- Born: 18 March 1911, Berlin, Germany
- Died: 22 May 2009, London, England
Theorems and Definitions
- 1933: On the various ways of expressing an orthogonal matrix in terms of parameters
- 1949: Introduction to the Theory of Finite Groups
- 1960: Complex Numbers
- 1963: Introduction to the Theory of Finite Groups, 5th ed.
- 1964: Integral Calculus
- 1966: Multiple Integrals
- 1973: Introduction to Group Theory
- 1977: Introduction to Group Characters
- 1968 - 71: Journal of the London Mathematical Society
- 1974 - 77: Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society
- Handbook of Applicable Mathematics (9 volumes)