Mathematician:Isadore Manuel Singer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician working in the boundaries between pure mathematics and theoretical physics.
- Born: May 3, 1924 in Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Died: February 19, 2021 in Boxborough, Massachusetts, USA
Theorems and Definitions
- Atiyah-Singer Index Theorem (with Michael Francis Atiyah)
- Atiyah-Patodi-Singer Eta Invariant (with Michael Francis Atiyah and Vijay Kumar Patodi)
- Atiyah-Hitchin-Singer Theorem (with Michael Francis Atiyah and Nigel James Hitchin)
- Kadison-Singer Problem (with Richard Vincent Kadison)
Also known as
Known informally as Is or Iz.