Mathematician:Ivan Matveevich Vinogradov
Jump to navigation Jump to search
One of the creators of the field of analytic number theory.
- Born: 14 Sept 1891, Milolyub, Velikie Luki, Pskov province, Russia
- Died: 20 March 1983, Moscow, Russia
Theorems and Definitions
- Vinogradov's Theorem
- Pólya-Vinogradov Inequality (independently of George Pólya)
- Vinogradov Circle Method
Results named for Ivan Matveevich Vinogradov can be found here.
- 1918: On the distribution of power residues and nonresidues
- 1926: On the distribution of fractional parts of values of a function of one variable
- 1928: On Waring's theorem
- 1937: Some theorems concerning the theory of prime numbers
- 1937: Representation of an odd number as a sum of three primes
- 1977: Matematicheskaya entsiklopediya (as editor)
Also known as
In Russian: Иван Матвеевич Виноградов.
Sometimes rendered Ivan Matveyevich Vinogradov.
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Ivan Matveevich Vinogradov": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive