Mathematician:John Francis Riordan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician and the author of major early works in combinatorics.
Also contributed significantly to the world of literature and poetry.
- Born: 22 April 1903 in Derby, Connecticut, United States
- Died: 27 August 1988 in Scituate, Massachusetts, United States
Theorems and Definitions
- 1929: On the Make (book of 14 short stories)
- 1956: The number of labeled two-terminal series-parallel networks (Duke Math. J. Vol. 23, no. 3: 435 – 445) (with Leonard Carlitz)
- 1958: Introduction to Combinatorial Analysis
- 1962: Stochastic Service Systems
- 1962: Generating functions for powers of Fibonacci numbers (Duke Math. J. Vol. 29, no. 1: 5 – 12)
- 1968: Combinatorial Identities
- 1979: Combinatorial Identities (2nd edition)
- 1980: Introduction to Combinatorial Analysis (2nd edition)