Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician and educator, best known for Wolstenholme's Theorem.
- Born: 30 September 1829 in Eccles, Greater Manchester, England
- Died: 18 November 1891 in Maida Vale, London, England
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for Joseph Wolstenholme can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Joseph Wolstenholme can be found here.
- 1862: On certain properties of prime numbers (Quart. J. Pure Appl. Math. Vol. 5: pp. 35 – 39) (in which Wolstenholme's Theorem is presented)
- 1867: A Book of Mathematical Problems, on subjects included in the Cambridge course
- 1888: Examples for Practice in the Use of Seven-figure Logarithms