Jump to navigation Jump to search
Canadian-American mathematician, most noted for his contribution towards the Banach-Alaoglu Theorem.
Canadian-American (of Greek ancestry)
- Born: March 19, 1914, Red Deer, Alberta
- Died: August 1981
Theorems and Inventions
Results named for Leonidas Alaoglu can be found here.
- 1937: The Asymptotic Waring Problem for Fifth and Sixth Powers (M.Sc. thesis)
- 1938: Weak topologies of normed linear spaces (Ph.D. thesis)
- 1940: Weak Topologies of Normed Linear Spaces (Ann. Math. Vol. 41, no. 1: pp. 252 – 267)
- 1946: Uniform Isohedral Tori (Amer. Math. Monthly Vol. 53, no. 1: pp. 14 – 17) (with J.H. Giese) www.jstor.org/stable/2306079
- 1944: On Highly Composite and Similar Numbers (Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. Vol. 56, no. 3: pp. 448 – 469) (with Paul Erdős)
- 1944: A Conjecture in Elementary Number Theory (Bull. Amer. Math. Soc Vol. 50, no. 12: pp. 881 – 882) (with Paul Erdős)