Jump to navigation Jump to search
Swiss mathematician, specialising in geometry and complex analysis.
One of the key figures in developing the notion of higher-dimensional spaces.
- Born: 15 January 1814 in Grasswil, Bern, Switzerland
- Died: 20 March 1895 in Berne, Switzerland
Theorems and Definitions
- Schläfli-Hess Polychoron (with Edmund Hess)
- Schläfli Double Six
- Schläfli Graph
- Schläfli Orthoscheme
- Schläfli Symbol
Definitions of concepts named for Ludwig Schläfli can be found here.
- 1852: Theorie der vielfachen Kontinuität
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Ludwig Schläfli": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive