American mathematician specialising in mathematical biosciences.
- Born: April 5, 1945 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1966: Graduated with Bachelor's Degree in from University of Pennsylvania
- 1970: Obtained his Ph.D. from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- September 1974 to December 1976: Assistant Professor at the Queens College, New York
- January 1977 to August 1979 served as an Associate Professor there at the Queens College, New York
- August 1979 to August 1983: Professor at Arizona State University
- September 1979 to November 2008: Professor at University of Houston
- July 2008: Appointed Professor of Mathematics and Physical Sciences at Ohio State University
Also known as
Known to his friends as Marty.