Mathematician:Nikolai Vasilyevich Smirnov
Russian mathematician noted for his work in various fields including probability theory and statistics.
Not to be confused with Vladimir Ivanovich Smirnov.
- Born: 17 October 1900 in Moscow, Russian Empire
- Died: 2 June 1966 in Moscow, Soviet Union
Theorems and Definitions
- Kolmogorov-Smirnov Test (with Andrey Nikolaevich Kolmogorov)
- Cramér-von Mises-Smirnov Criterion (with Harald Cramér and Richard Edler von Mises)
Results named for Nikolai Vasilyevich Smirnov can be found here.
- 1938: Об аппроксимации законов распределения случайных величин ("On approximation of the distribution laws of random variables")
- 1949: Limit distributions for the terms of a variational series
- 1959: Short Course of Mathematical Statistics for Technical Applications (with I.V. Dunin-Barkovskii)
- 1960: Tables of the normal integrals of probabilities, normal densities and normalized derivatives
Also known as
In Russian: Николай Васильевич Смирнов.