Jump to navigation Jump to search
Danish astronomer, computer scientist and empirical philosopher who was significantly involved in the development of ALGOL.
- Born: 25 October 1928 in Frederiksberg, Denmark
- Died: 3 January 2016 in Herlev, Denmark
Theorems and Definitions
Definitions of concepts named for Peter Naur can be found here.
- 1960: Report on the algorithmic language ALGOL 60 (as editor) (for which he won the Turing Award in 2005)
- 1966: Proof of algorithms by general snapshots (BIT Vol. 6, no. 4: pp. 310 – 316)
- 1992: Computing: A Human Activity