Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician best known for his writings on the philosophy of mathematics.
- Born: 9 December 1927, The Bronx, New York, United States
- Died: 3 January 2020
- 1980: The Mathematical Experience (with Philip J. Davis)
- 1986: Descartes' Dream: The World According to Mathematics (with Philip J. Davis)
- 1997: What Is Mathematics, Really?
- 2006: Unconventional Essays on the Nature of Mathematics (as editor)
- 2009: Loving and Hating Mathematics (with Vera John-Steiner)