Mathematician:Samuel Standfield Wagstaff Jr.
(Redirected from Mathematician:Samuel S. Wagstaff, Jr.)Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician and computer scientist, whose research interests are in the areas of cryptography, parallel computation, and analysis of algorithms, especially number theoretic algorithms.
- Born: February 21, 1945 in New Bedford, Massachusetts, US
Theorems and Definitions
- July 1980: The Pseudoprimes to $25 \cdot 10^9$ (Math. Comp. Vol. 35, no. 151: pp. 1003 – 1026) (with Carl Pomerance and J.L. Selfridge) www.jstor.org/stable/2006210
- October 1980: Lucas Pseudoprimes (Math. Comp. Vol. 35, no. 152: pp. 1391 – 1417) (with Robert Baillie) www.jstor.org/stable/2006406
- Jan. 1983: Divisors of Mersenne Numbers (Math. Comp. Vol. 40, no. 161: pp. 385 – 397) www.jstor.org/stable/2007383
- 1983: Factorizations of $b^n \pm 1$ up to high powers (Contemporary Mathematics Vol. 22: pp. 1 – 178) (with John Brillhart, D.H. Lehmer, John L. Selfridge and Bryant Tuckerman)