Mathematician:Stanisław Mieczysław Mazur
Polish mathematician who made important contributions to geometrical methods in linear and nonlinear functional analysis and to the study of Banach algebras.
Also interested in summability theory, infinite games and computable functions.
- Born: 1 January 1905 in Lwów, Galicia and Lodomeria, Austria-Hungary (now Lviv, Ukraine)
- Died: 5 November 1981 in Warsaw, Poland
Theorems and Definitions
- Banach-Mazur Theorem (with Stefan Banach)
- Banach-Mazur Game (with Stefan Banach)
- Gelfand-Mazur Theorem (with Israel Moiseevich Gelfand)
- Mazur-Ulam Theorem (with Stanisław Marcin Ulam)
- 1937: Über ein Prinzip in der Variationsrechnung (with Juliusz Paweł Schauder)
Also known as
His middle name is sometimes seen rendered as Meiczyslaw.