Mathematician:William Henry Young
English mathematician, who worked on measure theory, Fourier series, differential calculus amongst other fields.
Made brilliant and long-lasting contributions to the study of functions of several complex variables.
- Born: 20 Oct 1863, London, England
- 1896: Married Grace Emily Chisholm
- Died: 7 July 1942, Lausanne, Switzerland
Theorems and Definitions
- Young's Inequality for Products
- Reverse Young's Inequality for Products
- Young's Inequality for Convolutions
- Young's Inequality for Increasing Functions
- Hausdorff-Young Inequality (with Felix Hausdorff)
Results named for William Henry Young can be found here.
- 1905: The First Book of Geometry (with Grace Chisholm Young)
- 1906: The Theory of Sets of Points (with Grace Chisholm Young)
- 1910: The Fundamental Theorems of the Differential Calculus
- 1913: On the Fourier Series of Bounded Functions (Proc. London Math. Soc. Ser. 2 Vol. 12: pp. 41 – 70)
- 1913: On the Determination of the Summability of a Function by Means of its Fourier Constants (Proc. London Math. Soc. Ser. 2 Vol. 12: pp. 71 – 88)