Talk:Union is Empty iff Sets are Empty

From ProofWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Union vs. Union

How do we distinguish this page from a page that states that the Union (that is, the collection of all elements of the elements) of Null is Null? -Andrew Salmon 14:03, 11 September 2011 (CDT)

By reading the page and seeing what's in it. --prime mover 14:36, 11 September 2011 (CDT)
Well, what I'm more concerned about is how to name pages with theorems like:
$\bigcup ( A \cup B ) = ( \bigcup A \cup \bigcup B )$
Do we call it "Union of union is union of Unions?" :P -Andrew Salmon 20:40, 11 September 2011 (CDT)
Just Union of Unions should do. Why, are we planning on putting that page up? Does it have a purpose? --prime mover 00:27, 12 September 2011 (CDT)
I was just wondering, because it does appear on textbooks and similar theorem. I was also wondering if there was a way to distinguish the arbitrary union of a set and the union of two sets (same for intersection). Why couldn't mathematicians do stuff without overusing terminology (i.e. product as in multiplication, product of sequence, product as in "logical" product $\land$, Cartesian product, infinite Cartesian product, cross product, etc)? -Andrew Salmon 10:05, 12 September 2011 (CDT)
blah--prime mover 12:34, 12 September 2011 (CDT)

EDIT: I found Union of Empty Set, but the name of this page is questionable.

Probably. --prime mover 14:36, 11 September 2011 (CDT)