Book:Jordan Ellenberg/How Not to be Wrong
Jordan Ellenberg: How Not to be Wrong
Published $2014$, Penguin
- ISBN 978-0-718-19604-2.
- When am I going to use this?
- Part I: Linearity
- One. Less Like Sweden
- Two. Straight Locally, Curved Globally
- Three. Everyone is Obese
- Four. How Much Is That in Dead Americans?
- Five. More Pie than Plate
- Part II: Inference
- Six. The Baltimore Stockbroker and the Bible Code
- Seven. Dead Fish Don't Read Minds
- Eight. Reductio ad Unlikely
- Nine. The International Journal of Haruspicity
- Ten. Are You There, God? It's Me, Bayesian Inference
- Part III: Expectation
- Eleven. What to Expect when you're Expecting to Win the Lottery
- Twelve. Miss More Planes!
- Thirteen. Where the Train Tracks Meet
- Part IV. Regression
- Fourteen. The Triumph of Mediocrity
- Fifteen. Galton's Eclipse
- Sixteen. Does Lung Cancer make you Smoke Cigarettes?
- Part V. Existence
- Seventeen. There is No Such Thing as Public Opinion
- Eighteen. "Out of Nothing I have Created a Strange New Universe"
- How To Be Right