Jump to navigation Jump to search
Scots mathematician and physicist who worked on electromagnetism, dynamics and Bessel functions.
Father of James Gordon Gray.
- Born: 2 July 1847 in Lochgelly, Fife, Scotland
- Died: 10 October 1925 in Glasgow, Scotland
- 1884: Absolute Measurements in Electricity and Magnetism
- 1888-93: Absolute Measurements in Electricity and Magnetism (enlarged edition in two volumes)
- 1921: Absolute Measurements in Electricity and Magnetism (2nd expanded edition)
- 1895: A Treatise on Bessel Functions (with G.B. Mathews)
- 1922: A Treatise on Bessel Functions, 2nd ed. (with G.B. Mathews and T.M. MacRobert)
- 1911 Dynamics (with James Gordon Gray)