Mathematician:David Herbert Fowler
(Redirected from Mathematician:David Fowler)Jump to navigation Jump to search
British historian of mathematics whose thesis concerned the study of ratios as used in ancient Greece before the work of Eudoxus of Cnidus.
- Born: April 28, 1937, Blackburn, England
- Died: 13 April 2004, Warwick, England
- 1973: Introducing Real Analysis
- 1979: Ratio in Early Greek Mathematics
- 1980: Book II of Euclid's Elements and a Pre-Eudoxan Theory of Ratio
- 1981: Anthyphairetic Ratio and Eudoxan Proportion
- 1982: A Generalization of the Golden Section
- 1987: The Mathematics of Plato's Academy
- 1999: The Mathematics of Plato's Academy, 2nd ed.
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "David Herbert Fowler": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive