Jump to navigation Jump to search
British clergyman, mathematician, geometer and astronomer.
Credited with the first ever publication, in $1620$, of logarithms of trigonometric functions.
English, of Welsh descent
- Born: 1581 in Hertfordshire, England
- Died: 10 December 1626 in London, England
- 1603: New Projection of the Sphere
- 1620: Canon Triangulorum sive Tabulae Sinuum et Tangentium Artificialum ("Canon of Triangles: or Tables of Artificial Sines and Tangents")
- 1623: Description and Use of the Sector, the Crosse-staffe and other Instruments
- 1624: The Description and Use of His Majesties Dials in Whitehall Garden