Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hungarian mathematician best known nowadays for his collaborations with George Pólya.
- Born: 20 Jan 1895, Kunhegyes, Hungary
- Died: 7 Aug 1985, Palo Alto, California USA
Theorems and Definitions
- Fekete-Szegő Inequality (with Michael Fekete)
- Grace-Walsh-Szegő Coincidence Theorem (with John Hilton Grace and Joseph Leonard Walsh)
Results named for Gábor Szegő can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Gábor Szegő can be found here.
- 1925: Problems and Theorems in Analysis I (with George Pólya)
- 1925: Problems and Theorems in Analysis II (with George Pólya)
- 1939: Orthogonal Polynomials
- 1951: Isoperimetric problems in mathematical physics (with George Pólya)
- 1958: Toeplitz forms and their applications (with Ulf Grenander)