Mathematician:George Neville Watson
(Redirected from Mathematician:G.N. Watson)Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician who applied complex analysis to the theory of special functions.
- Born: 31 January 1886 in Westward Ho!, Devon, England
- Died: 2 February 1965 in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England
Theorems and Definitions
- Watson's Lemma
- Watson's Hypergeometric Theorem (also known as Watson's Theorem)
- Sommerfeld-Watson Transform (with Arnold Johannes Wilhelm Sommerfeld)
Results named for George Neville Watson can be found here.
- 1922: The Theory of Bessel functions