Mathematician:Michel André Kervaire
Jump to navigation Jump to search
French mathematician who made significant contributions to topology and algebra.
- Born: 26 April 1927 in Częstochowa, Poland
- Died: 19 November 2007 in Geneva, Switzerland
Theorems and Definitions
- Kervaire Semi-Characteristic
- Kervaire Invariant Problem
- Bott-Milnor-Kervaire 1,2,4,8 Theorem (with Raoul Bott and John Willard Milnor)
Results named for Michel André Kervaire can be found here.
- 1955: Courbure intégrale généralisée et homotopie (Ph.D. thesis)
- 1960: A manifold which does not admit any differentiable structure
- 1963: Groups of Homotopy Spheres (with John Milnor)